Wednesday, December 12, 2007

4 months raw!!!!

WooHoo! We've been 100% raw 4 months! I'm so excited!

There's not a drastic change this month, but there are differences. It's like our bodies slowed down a little on the weight loss, but changes are still happening. For instance, my clothes fit looser enough to need a smaller size, even though the weight didn't drop dramatically in the last 30 days. And of course we're feeling very healthy! I've been tired lately, which I attribute to not eating nearly enough. I've already begun correcting that!

Greg now weighs 178 pounds, he released 7 pounds this past month for a grand total of 62 pounds so far in 4 months!! :o)
I now weigh 215 pounds and I released 7 pounds this month for a grand total of 54 pounds down so far!! :o) I'm down 5.25 inches during last month for a total of 51 inches!!

We're both filled with gratitude that God brought us to this path and has blessed this journey so abundantly. It's truly amazing, and we're really enjoying this transformation, inside & out. It feels wonderful to be lined up in obedience with what He wants us to be doing!








I also wanted to say that we've had to stop all junk food for the kids. We were letting them eat cheese pizza during parties, and goldfish crackers at church, cake at parties, etc. But, it's gotten very hard to help them understand our conviction while at the same time continually compromising. So, they are allowed to have cooked vegan foods once, sometimes twice a week. So far that's been like a wrap at our health food store each Saturday, and maybe some plain brown rice while there. When we go out on our date night every other Friday night, they have cooked veggies with sea salt. Other than these exceptions, they're all raw. Amazingly, it's been easier to handle it this way, than when they were eating raw mostly and then eating junk here and there. Even our 3 year old hands out any candy they give her in her Sunday School class to other kids. It seems like having the clear guidelines made it simpler for them to get used to! It's been so harmonious, I'm glad we tried it the more relaxed way, but I'm very thankful we've progressed to this instead, as it works much better for our kids!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so awesome, I mean it, just so beautiful. I went back all raw 2 weeks ago and I feel so good. I have a new blog http//allraw.blogspot.com I love to see how much you guys are enjoying the raw journey. I know I am.
Kristi Hehnlin from your Holistic Raw Moms group

Alisha said...

Resa, you are doing so amazing! You look great, and Greg does too!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed and proud of you (does that sound weird coming from someone you don't really know?) Keep it up! I subscribed to your blog so I can be inspired!

January

Angel said...

Resa, This is Angel..
Y'alls new pics are AWESOME!! You can totally see those collarbones girl! And your DH he is just disseappearing!! Sheesh!! Wow.. Keep up the GREAT work!!! Everytime I see your blog, I'm thinking-- I can DO longer than 30 days for sure!!!
God Bless you girl---
Angel
http://myquest4health.blogspot.com