Monday, January 14, 2008

5 months raw!!!!

Has it really been 5 months already? My goodness. Time flies when you're having fun!! We're feeling great! It's day 6 of our fast. I'm doing a 22 day juice & water fast, Greg is doing 22 days of fasting but he's alternating days of only juices & water with days of only fruits & veggies. So far we've really been enjoying it. Especially on a spiritual level. It's a bonus to know it's great for our health as well!

So, the 5 month stats! Yay!!

Greg now weighs 165 pounds! Woah!! He released 13 pounds this past month. His grand total is 75 pounds released so far in the last 5 months!! :o) He's gone from a size 40 pants to a 34 (which are now getting baggy).

I now weigh 201 pounds - I released 14 pounds this month. My grand total is 68 pounds released in the last 5 months!! :o) I've gone from a size 24 to a size 16! I fit in size XL shirts! I'll never need to shop in the plus size section again!!! I've lost 8 inches this past month for a total of 59 inches total.

Maybe someday soon some of those inches will come from my upper arms! I keep hoping those will change, perhaps that's one of the last things to lose? When I see before and after photos I always check double chins and upper arms. ;o) My neck is looking better than I had thought it would, and I'm thrilled to have a neck now! But the upper arms are a concern!

And I have to mention my weight being 201 pounds! I can't wait to get below 200! I was SO hoping I would do it by 5 months. But I know it's coming soon! In January of 2006 I weighed 296 pounds, so I'm very close to 100 pounds released from my highest weight 2 years ago. WooHoo!

To everyone who's been keeping up with our progress, and sending messages & leaving comments- We both want to say, thank you so much for your encouragement! The support we've received from all of you is incredible & we truly appreciate it!

Here are the photos. I didn't have any shirts that weren't baggy, but it was the best I could do!









10 comments:

RaeAnna Goss said...

You and your family sound like such neat people! I hope your journey continues to bless you!!! Thank you for your blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the continued weightloss!!! You both look amazing!

Anonymous said...

You both look great. Wow, five months? That's amazing. That is really inspiring, and you must feel amazing, too. Now that I found your blog, I'll definitely be checking back.

-ManyLittles

Anonymous said...

I've recently felt God put on my heart for my dh and I go to raw too. I don't know if we can/will go 100%, but we want to be between 50-80% to start with. Your story is such an inspiration.

God bless,
Annie

Unknown said...

You guys are looking so good :) I made it through the Holiday's all raw too! Resa, you and I both believe that this is the diet that humans were designed to eat. I think in the next year or two raw will become very mainstream, this is my prayer. Most restraunt will have a raw dish/dressing and our families will have discovered or at least acknowledge the benefit of eating a natural diet. It kind of get's me that people feel so entitled to be sick and drain the economy with there lifestyle illness medical expenses while scoffing at raw. A new dawn is coming, that is my prayer and intution. We are pioneers and it will be much easir for those who follow us through seeing our success. Love, Kristi Hehnlin

Anonymous said...

You two look great! That's so wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys really live up to the name "radiant"! What an amazing inspiration. Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your journey.

Lisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisha said...

You two are really doing great! :-)
It's so nice to see another couple going Raw together. My fiance joined me a month ago after me being Raw since June off and on and we've never felt better. He needs to gain weight though while I'm finally moving down the scale. It's such a great feeling to lose weight and not have to starve in order to do it.