Thursday, January 31, 2008

End of the fast!

So last night was the breaking of our fast! I had only fresh raw juices and water for 22 days, and Greg had days of the same mixed with days of only fruits & veggies. It was interesting to eat last night! After 3 weeks of nothing solid, it was odd! I has soaked prunes, so nothing too delicious! LOL! But I wanted to make sure my digestive system didn't revolt! I also had a bit of warmed miso broth, my first try at that. Today I haven't eaten yet, but I don't usually eat until early afternoon anyway. I plan to take it easy though, I don't want to send my body into shock! I have some more soaked prunes, so I'll start with that & then a simple green smoothie with a smidge of coconut oil. :o) Greg's transition isn't as slow, but he ate during the 22 days! Now he can add in olives & nuts again, as well as raw recipes! :o)

I released 10 pounds during the fast, and I'm cautious too eat many nuts and oils since I don't want to put much of it back on! I just need to take it slowly is all. I'll be back to eating any yummy raw creation I can think of in no time!! So, I did make it below 200 pounds!! WooHoo!! This morning I weighed in at 191! Greg released 5 pounds during the fast, and a bit more at the beginning of the month.

So, the fast itself was amazing! We had extra church services filled with a lot of prayer. It was great. When you sacrifice your flesh (not eating, or giving up something you enjoy) and let your spirit lead, it's really cool! It allows you to really get closer to God and for Him to draw closer to you. It doesn't get any better than that!!

5 comments:

Lisha said...

Congrats for completing your fast. :-) Well Done on the weight loss, Isn't it such a lovely side affect? I just started the Master Cleanse yesterday. Yes, really trusting and allowing spirit to lead is so important on this journey.

Alisha said...

Resa, I am so proud of you!! COngrats on all you have accomplished!

tinah said...

ohmygoodness you look so good!! renewed, radiant :)

Anonymous said...

Resa, I just found your blog and I want to thank you for telling your story. I felt that God was calling me to give up bread and carbs for Lent ("not by bread alone . . ") and that He had something new and wonderful planned for me in this year. I've been eating raw food for ten days and I've lost 8.5 pounds. Can you post on your blog about "detox symptoms"? When you guys first started going raw, did you get sick? Did your kids? I could use some support and feeling like I"m not the only one. I love the way you refer to weight loss as "releasing" pounds.

Anonymous said...

You guys rock my socks. seriously! you're doing SO well. 22 day fast is an awesome accomplishment!