Friday, November 16, 2007

King Vita-Mix!

I forgot to update about what my surprise was! A Vita-Mix! The king of all blenders, with a motor as powerful as a lawnmower!! I've wanted one for so long. And it was a surprise!

I was going to have to do the 3 payment plan on their website (although I really wanted to order from Alissa's store). So I was going to place that order today for the 5000 model, and was crossing my fingers that it would get here before Thanksgiving.

So Wednesday night my mom called me from Sam's club (where I don't have a membership) and asked if this price for a Vita Mix sounded the same, I said yep, same as Costco (where I do have a membership) and same as the Vita Mix website. Then a light bulb went off- I asked, it's the 4500 model right? She said no, it's the 5000!!!! With the extra dry container at a lower cost as well!!

God bless them, they bought it for me & are letting me make the monthly payments to them instead!! Woo Hoo! By getting it at a lower price and saving the shipping costs they literally saved me over $80 easily. So I won't even have to take 3 months to pay them back, maybe 6 weeks at the longest. The demonstration was only going on till Sunday here- I'm so glad they stopped by Sam's!

I was/am SO excited, I woke up Wednesday & didn't have a Vita Mix & I went to sleep that night having one! WOW! And yes, just the little I've done so far shows me it's well worth the money! I got to put a whole entire peeled orange in my smoothie at lunch yesterday! Incredible! And my almost 6 yr old finally enjoyed a green smoothie! That alone is worth it.

We can let it run for a few minutes and the darn thing is so powerful it will warm up soup without cooking it! Raw warm soup!! I'll be able to get so many of our recipes really smooth finally! And raw ice cream too! I just about killed my food processor making ice cream from frozen bananas. Now it'll be a cinch! So far I've made 5 of the smoothest green smoothies ever, and sesame chocolate mylk! It sounds silly to say that a blender can change your life, so I won't go that far. LOL! But really, this does change a lot for us! We're all excited about it!!

Here are the girls having the sesame chocolate mylk!

3 comments:

FooFooBerry said...

I'm on rawfoodtalk as Spiralgirl. That sesame chocolate milk sounds really good. Do you use 1 cup of sesame seeds to 3 cups of water to blend up? I too want a Vitamix and wondered how well it makes almond milk. Does it taste better or smoother?

You look good at your 3 month point by the way. Way to go.

Harshes said...

Vitmix are awesome! I have one as well and couldn't live w/o. it. Wanna share your green smoothie and sesame choc. milk recipes? Your babies are adorable!

k1p1girl said...

I just googled sam's and vitamix. Friend was telling me that she got hers there. I found your post. I would like to find a Vita Mix at Sam's. Think I will call them. Anyway, I like your blog. The fact that you're a Christian and raw vegan totally rocks. I am wondering if you use Twitter.com. There is a huge raw community on it and I am learning so much from them. If you are, my username is k1p1girl (because I knit).