Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our first raw Thanksgiving!


Our breakfast fruit salad. :o) We ate this during the Macy's parade. The ingredients were my oldest daughter's idea, except the pomegranate, that was my addition.
Marinated portabello mushrooms! YUM!
The cranberry salad from Alissa's book p298
Marinated crimini mushrooms for the kids.
Alissa's mock turkey loaf with the sauce on the side. p 393 YUM!
Maraw's southern corn nut dressing. This was everyone's favorite!!
Maraw's pumpkin pie. This was yummier than any cooked pumpkin pie, seriously!

It was a success! Our first holiday without the traditional dead food! Freedom!!!!!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

It all looks amazing!! Well done to you and your family for a raw-some thanksgiving!!

raw-k on!

Anonymous said...

Hi Radiantly Raw,

Wow! Your thanksgiving feast looks yummy!!! :)

Thanks for the comments. I would love to give you the recipes, but they are not mine to share. Rachel is really nice and I'm sure if you send her and email she will share them with you. I will post up my Cranberry Orange Relish recipe as it is mine.

Her email:

lemonsinthekitchen@gmail.com

Lissa

Anonymous said...

I followed your link from rawtalk. Wow mama, this meal looks awesome! What an inspiration for holiday meals. The pictures are great!

Sunshine Boatright said...

The food looks GREAT! And your kids are BEAUTIFUL! :D Go mama GO! :D

Lisha said...

Your Raw Thanksgiving looks delicious! Even though my fiance wasn't Raw at the time he did embrace a Raw Thanksgiving AND Christmas. I'm learning to always take a camera along so you can take pics. :-)