Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quinn has arrived!!


He's here!!! He was born yesterday at 2:57pm. :o) We're both doing great!!

He was delivered in route to the birth center! In the front passenger seat of our minivan!!! We were on our way to to our midwife to continue laboring until I was ready to head to the hospital, where I had to be in order to be allowed to attempt a VBAC. Less than 3 hours earlier I was only 1-2 cm dilated! But he had other plans. Lol! It was an incredibly peaceful entrance, no one panicked, and he was so perfect! Greg couldn't even pull over, or stop!

I'm thrilled that I never had to go to the hospital at all! Any "risk" from vbac'ing was gone already and we got to stay at the birth center!

We were home 3 hours later & we're doing so well. I can't believe how perfectly it turned out after all. :o) He was 9 lbs 3 ounces. And I never pushed at all, my body took over and I was just along for the ride! What an experience!

So, I had a successful VBAC, my first unmedicated birth, delivered him myself, and got to be at the birth center!!!!! Words cannot describe our joy & gratitude about it all. God's plans are amazing. I am in awe of how He worked it all out! He granted me the desires of my heart in every single way. :o)

19 comments:

JenPB said...

Congratulations! Isn't he BEAUTIFUL! And au naturel from birth...fantastic!

connorlove said...

All I keep thinking is OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD! Blessings blessing blessings, sweet Resa, to you and yours, all of you. What a road, and how far you've come. Much love!
Connor

connorlove said...

ps. He Is Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Wednesday
November 12, 2008
10:30 p.m.

Oh wow, Resa!

Congratulations a million times over!

He is SO beautiful!!!!!!!

Love to you and your family, Christine

Angewl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am beyond thrilled for you!
I had been so worried about you.

He's absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all! I am so glad you had a wonderful birth & your little guy is healthy. Have thought of you all often through the years. Take care you and come visit us on the Nov.Mommy Board.

Josi said...

Yeah!! That's so amazing Resa. And so encouraging too. I am hoping to have a VBAC this time and your story is just awesome! He is absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! He is beautiful, and soooooo cuuuute!!!
Blessings,
Leah

Ricki said...

Resa ~ You have an incredible birth story and a beautiful baby! He looks so perfect.

I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures!

Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

Praise God He is good!!!!

I am a reader of yours from close to the beginning of your blogs. It's been so inspiring and encouraging to see you and your family on this journey to obey God and your pathway to health. You truly humble me on your obedience to the Lord. Hope to see more picture and more of your journey! Blessing to you and your family!!!!

Alicia said...

Congratulations!!! How beautiful he is!!! What an awesome birth story!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the incredible arrival of Quinn, Resa. I am very happy for you! ~Angel

Anonymous said...

Sunday
November 23, 2008
9:30 p.m.

Resa,

Would sure love to see more pictures of you and your little guy! Hope all is well...Christine

Lisa Bates said...

He's so beautiful! Congratulations!
Keep us informed how you and Quinn are doing!

Anonymous said...

Thursday
December 11, 2008
3:40 a.m.

Happy 1 Month Birthday, Quinn!!!

How are you both doing, Resa?

Much love to you all, Christine

Anonymous said...

Tuesday
December 30, 2008
1:30 a.m.

I hope you are both doing fine! Would love to see pictures...Christine

Anonymous said...

Resa,

I have been thinking about you so much lately. I really miss you. Please send me an email. I do hope you still have my email address. My blog is not working anymore, I can't figure out how to get on there. Quinn is gorgeous. Congrats! What an amazing birth! God gave you just what you wanted. Isn't that just so like Him?
Anyways, please get in touch, and congrats again on your beautiful little man.
Alisha

Anonymous said...

Sunday
January 11, 2009
4:25 p.m.

Happy 2 Month Birthday, Quinn!!!


Resa,

I am getting concerned. I check your blog all the time to see if you have updated.

I hope you all are doing okay.

How are you feeling? Have you been able to get back to raw?

Would love to see pictures of you, Quinn and the rest of your little family.

I am hoping and praying the best for you all, Christine

Christine said...

What a sweet baby! Kudos on your VBAC! I had my first natural birth, one 1/2 years ago, and it was a huge blessing to me.